Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sherman's March (To Complete And Utter Madness)

If you are a football fan, you have probably seen/heard this about a thousand times by now:



My two cents on this interview...

Cent #1: What you don't see is that, after swatting away the final pass of the game that sent the Seahawks to the Super Bowl and the 49ers home to their couch, Sherman goes over to 49ers WR Michael Crabtree and extends his hand like he wants to shake.  Now, I don't know about you, but even though Sherman can claim "good sportsmanship", I don't think that is the time or place to show it.  Put yourself in Crabtree's shoes: you just missed a pass that ended your team's entire season.  The LAST thing you want to see is your chief rival extending his hand ON THE FIELD OF PLAY!  I don't quite understand (besides the fact that Sherman loves to talk) why Sherman couldn't have just celebrated with his teammates and left the "sportsmanship" for after the game.

Cent #2: I don't buy the excuse that he can give Sherman a pass just because he was "fired up" on the football field.  I know that football is an incredibly passionate endeavor, but I tend to believe that we should be able to control ourselves in all situations, not just "when we want to".  I don't recall ever seeing true professionals like Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, or Adrian Peterson ever lashing out like this, and you can't tell me they don't compete any harder than Sherman.

The good news in all of this?  Sherman may be eating a bit of humble pie come February 2: