Announcing the finalists for the 2014 National Book Award for Young People’s Literature.
The winners will be selected in November - stay tuned!
- The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson (Viking/ Penguin Group (USA))
- Girls Like Us by Gail Giles (Candlewick Press)
- Skink—No Surrender by Carl Hiaasen (Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers/ Random House)
- Greenglass House by Kate Milford (Clarion Books/ Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
- Threatened by Eliot Schrefer (Scholastic Press)
- The Port Chicago 50: Disaster, Mutiny, and the Fight for Civil Rights by Steve Sheinkin (Roaring Brook Press/ Macmillan Publishers)
- 100 Sideways Miles by Andrew Smith (Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers/ Simon & Schuster)
- Noggin by John Corey Whaley (Atheneum Books for Young Readers/ Simon & Schuster)
- Revolution: The Sixties Trilogy, Book Two by Deborah Wiles (Scholastic Press)
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson (Nancy Paulsen Books/ Penguin Group (USA)