Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Last Post I Will Ever Make About The Weather

When it comes to conversation, "the weather" usually tops most small-talk lists.  The reason?  It is always around.  Much like the much-maligned death and taxes, the weather is a life-constant.

This winter (or since I started working here in the Media Center back in early October of 2013), I have devoted a number of blog posts to the weather.  We had (are having) such a trying winter in terms of snow and cold that I felt it was a pertinent topic (especially with all the schools closings we had!).

That being said, after looking at the forecast for the rest of today and tomorrow...

Winter Storm in April Could Be A Record-Breaker

...I've come to a conclusion: This will be my last post of this school-year about the weather of any kind.



Trust me.  When I make a promise like this, it will be upheld.  I've tried to be upbeat.  I've tried to commiserate.  I've tried to be funny.  All while talking about the weather.

This event, though, is the infamous straw that broke the camel's back.  Maybe the storm will be a doozy...maybe it will fizzle.  Either way, it marks the end of my commenting on the weather this school year.

Time to move on to other pursuits.  And you can take that to the bank...I just wouldn't advise doing so on Thursday evening or Friday morning.