Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

If Only Homework Was The Same Way, Right?!

Work Banned After 6:00 p.m.


There is now a law in France (yes, an actually law!) stating that an employee cannot check his/her work email/phone between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.  Seriously...I'm not making this up!

The land that gave us the 35-hour work week back in 1999 is giving employees another break.

What do you make of this?

On one hand, there are many people are over-do it on the job.  That is certain.

On the other hand, though, isn't that their choice to do so?  I don't think that too many companies are FORCING people to work overtime.  It's more like people themselves get caught up in the job and neglect their lives and the lives of their families/friends.

So, while I "like" the concept behind the move, I'm not so sure it should be up to the government to enforce it.  Seems like a personal decision to me.